The Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011 defines property services as

“… the provision, for consideration, in the State, in respect of property located within or outside the State, of any of the following—

(a) the auction of property other than land,

(b) the purchase or sale, by whatever means, of land,

(c) the letting of land (including a letting in conacre or for the purposes of agistment), or

(d) property management services,

The above services can only be provided by the following once they are licensed to do so:

(i) a property services employer,

(ii) an employee of a property services employer,

(iii) a principal officer of a property services employer, or

(iv) an independent contractor;”


All property services providers are required to hold a licence issued by the Property Services Regulatory Authority. The property services provider must only provide the service for which they are licensed.  

Section 28(1) of the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011 provides that a person shall not provide a property service or hold themselves out as a property services provider unless the person is the holder of a licence which is in force in respect of that property service.

Section 28(2) provides that any person, other than a licensee, who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and liable to (a) on summary conviction, to a class A fine or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or both, or (b) on conviction on indictment, to a fine or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or both.


Further Information on Licensing

Guide to becoming a licensed PSP

The Authority has published a guide to making an application and becoming a licensed property services provider. Please click on the link above to access the guide.  


Online Licensing System for New Licence Application

New licence applicants must submit their application, upload supporting documentation and pay the licence and compensation fund fees through


Renewal Licence Application

All renewal applications for a licence must be made on Please click on the link above for more information.


Register of Licensed Property Services Providers

The Authority publishes a register of all currently licensed property services providers and also those that previously held a licence. Please click on the link above to access the Register.


Change of Property Services Employer/Leaving Employment

Any licensed principal officer or employee who leave the employer for whom they were licensed must inform the Authority immediately and also surrender their licence identification card to the Authority.  In addition, where the person has taken up employment with a new employer they must submit to the Authority a Change of Property Service Employer form. Please click on the link above to access this form.


Additional Category Application

Applications to add a licence category to an existing licence are now available online. Please click on the link above to choose the appropriate Additional Category Application (Individual or Business).